Dalyan is in the province of Mugla on the South-Western Mediterranean. It is set in the centre of a broad delta which is completely unspoilt. Dalyan is an area of outstanding natural beauty and historic interest.
One of Turkey's most beautiful beaches, endorsed by David Bellamy! Dalyan is the protected breeding ground of the Caretta Caretta, Loggerhead turtle. The beach is reached by a boat ride along the river where the film "African Queen" was filmed. In the cliff face above the river you can see lycian tombs carved out of the rock.
The Dalyan Channel, through which water circulates between the Mediterranean and Köycegiz Lake slowly meanders, forming a network of small lakes and waterways through reed beds rising to between 3 and 5 metres in height. With its mixture of fresh and salt water, these wetlands have become home to vast numbers of fish and other water life, as well as the birds of many species which feed on them. Dividing the sea from the delta is the Iztuzu sandy beach stretching for 5km east from the mouth of the channel.
Iztuzu beach is the ideal seaside spot, perfect for swimming for 7 months of the year. As the sea deepens gradually it is also ideal for children. The Giant Loggerhead Turtles have used this beach as a laying ground since time immemorial. The females lay their eggs by night in the soft sand, in clutches of about 100. Since the early 90's the beach is closed to the public from 8 pm to 8 am to protect them. The beach is open during the day but a special care is taken not to disturb the turtles.
HIGHLIGHTS OF DALYAN (CAUNOS) TOUR
This area is a national 'treasure' of the country with its unique wildlife and nature. Your private vehicle and guide will take you first to Dalyan (Caunos), from where you will board on a boat going up the river which will take you first to the mud baths and then to a restaurant for lunch and finally to a lovely beach for a long and joyful swim break; where the endemic Caretta Caretta turtles lay their eggs.
These turtles can live up to 120 years, and they are in danger of being extinct. High on the cliffs above the Dalyan river you will see magnificently carved Lycian royal rock tombs. In addition to the turtles, the Dalyan delta is also home to many sea creatures like crabs, which can be ordered as a delicious sea food at a little cost. The area between the reeds and a maze of waterways. Dalyan has many therapeutic hot springs. The waters which contain radioactive elements and sulphur are believed to cure rheumatism, skin, liver, spleen and bowel complaints, as well as being beneficial for nervous and digestive disorders.
The mud baths are also said to remedy rheumatism as well as cleanse and beautify the skin. Once you have covered yourself in the mud, then you will have to wait a few minutes to dry it before cleaning yourself in the sulphur pool. Mud bath is also at a temperature of 40 degrees.
Enjoy a day of peaceful nature...
• Pick up from your hotel at 06:30 a.m and departure from Bodrum at 07:00 a.m
• 2 Hours 40 Minutes coach journey to Dalyan
• 1/2 hour stop off on the way
• Arrival in Dalyan
• First boat trip on the river to Iztuzu beach
• Spend 1 hour 30 minutes at the beach
• Boat trip down the river to the restaurant
• Open buffet Lunch break for one hour (is included in price)
• One hour at the mud bath
• 2 Hours 40 Minutes coach journey back to Bodrum
• 1/2 hour stop on the way
* Transfer Pick up/drop back from/to hotel
* Transportation in full insuranced, air-conditioned and non smoking vehicle
* Professional licensed Guide
(They will speak English, German, French, Russian, Italian, Polish)
* Entrance fees (Mud bath and beach)
* Open buffet Lunch
* Boat Trip on River
- Breakfast - Gratuities (optional) - Drinks during Lunch
Schedule Details :
- Departs : EVERY THURSDAY & SUNDAY
- Departure point : Your Hotel in Bodrum
- Departure time : 06:30 am ( please contact with us for pick up times )
- Minimum required time for this Dalyan tour from Bodrum is about 12 hours.
What To Bring :
- Camera - Hat - Comfortable Footwear - Swimming Wear - Soft Drinks
* As sulphur in mud damages silver, please do not wear it.
* As it is too hot especially during summer time we suggest you to take hats,
sunglasses and sun lotions with you.
* Do not forget to take your camera with you.
* As you will swim do not forget to bring your swim stuff.
* We advise you to take some money or a credit card with you.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT PRIVATE & REGULAR DALYAN TOUR
INFORMATION TEL: 0090 555 565 65 740090 555 565 65 74